Working With A Realtor
Sure, you can do your home search by yourself. But why? With an experienced Ashman-Mollere Realty Sales Professional at your side, finding the perfect home is easier, faster and a lot more fun. A good Realtor® can show you more suitable properties, offer valuable advice, and coach you through the entire home buying process. And you'll save time. Yet many buyers still spend endless hours pouring through classified ads, driving all over town, and viewing dozens of unsuitable properties - simply because they haven't connected with a Realtor®.
Some people think that if they have several agents looking for homes on their behalf, they'll find a house more quickly. Like most relationships, the buyer-agent relationship thrives on communication, loyalty and trust. By working exclusively with one agent, you'll improve both the process and the results.
Finding The Right REALTOR For You
Chemistry is important. So are credentials. Above all, you'll want an experienced agent who has the resources of a leading real estate firm behind him or her - a firm such as Ashman-Mollere Realty.
Some helpful hints on finding and working with a Realtor®:
- Ask friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers for referrals.
- Trust your intuition.
- Share with your REALTOR as much as possible about your lifestyle, tastes, needs and dreams for your home.
- Focus your search on a few geographic areas.
Asking the Right Questions
- How well do you know the area(s) that interest me? A REALTOR who knows the area or neighborhood you are interested in is extremely beneficial to you.
- How many other buyers and sellers do you currently represent? You want A REALTOR who will give you personalized attention, answer your calls quickly and communicate with you often. Keep in mind, though, many busy, experienced REALTORS are the most efficient.
- Will you handle all aspects of my transaction or will you delegate some tasks to an Administrative Assistant? If you choose to work with a busy agent, a knowledgeable assistant can be very helpful when you have questions or need immediate attention.
- Will you give me a list of homes you sold in the last 12 months? Contact some clients that have worked with the agent and ask them about their experience. The list should contain addresses, property types, names of sellers or buyers, sale dates and price. Ask the REALTOR for testimonials from satisfied customers.